Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Out Loud

Caught up in society's madness
Uncontrollable love for freedom
I sit beneath this tree thinking of a time I'll be able to breathe without guilt
That maybe the movement of my chest while I inhale and exhale has disturbed the peace

They told me I want to be too free
That a free woman is nothing but trouble
That I'm that trouble and the path I walk is one undesirable by "the culture"
As if freedom is a threat and their life is what's on the line

"You won't get married
This path leads to Hell
God is angry at you
Your mother and your father too
Walk the way you do and you'll give them reason to rape you
Is this what freedom means to you?"

Words I hear and try to ignore
But these words are like sticks and stones
Pins and needles slowly bursting my bubble and killing my vibe
Fear the status quo
Conform to their standards
Tribe mentality 
Survival of the most silent

But I am loud
I think out loud
I dance out loud
I riot out loud 
I don't tread quietly
Never have and never will
  

No comments:

Post a Comment