Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Anchor

You're the truth my soul yearns for
The anchor these storms need
My moods like violent waves
My mind like weeds in the breeze 
I close my eyes imagining
Your presence in times of despair
When there's nothing left but quietly whispered prayers 
I kneel in weakness
To be delivered with divine strength
Warm tears slowly crawling down my face
I hope this connection never phases out
That this signal never fades
And no matter where the waves take me
I'm still protected by your embrace 
I've failed to conjure the words needed
To fully explain my love for you
For through the anger, the doubt and distrust
You've never walked away
Through my ignorance and young negligence 
Through my pride and insolence 
Through many questions and apparent dissonance 
Still in my picture you've stayed
Still on my heart you lingered
Still my soul for you reached
Only to find warm open hands
Never once have I been turned away
Never once did my sins on my spirit weigh
Without your hands lifting me up
Removing the burden I've failed to carry 
When all is said and done
No matter where life takes me
And where death finds my last living day
To you I pray
My Lord to you I pray 





No comments:

Post a Comment