Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Be Your Own Happiness. Love the Sound of Your Own Laughter

Your mom is always right. Almost always.

“Nahla, you have to make your own happiness. Don’t rely on others to make you happy”. Those words from my mom couldn't have been more insightful. And I learned the hard way.

It’s not that I’m stupid. I like to call myself highly social with a hint of gullible. If I meet a person and feel a connection (false sense or not) I will immediately see no reason for that person to lie to me or do me any harm. I will, without meaning to, trust this person to be a decent human being. Which of course, is the wrong thing to assume. I been lied to by people I thought were friends. Been back-stabbed. Been betrayed by close family members I loved.  My experiences might leave the average person with trust issues, but for some reason I still gravitate towards the good in people. I give people I don’t know the benefit of the doubt. Try to find every reason to believe they’re good people.

But sometimes people are just bad. Unfortunate but true.

This is why you don’t rely on people to make you happy. Be your own sunshine, corny as that sounds. Be your own happiness, because no matter what, you’re the only person you’re guaranteed to be with end of the day. You’re the only friend who will ALWAYS be there, and you’re the only person who understands you a hundred percent.


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment