Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 28, 2013

Hold Your Friends Close To You. You'll Need Them...

Friends are more important than you think. Maybe you found yourself a nice guy or a good girl. Found a romantic partner and all the sudden friends don’t seem as necessary anymore. That’s an understandable mistake. We all like to think our partners can fulfill every kind of social interaction we need. That could be the case sometimes, but no one can be everything at the same time, no matter how much you love them. And that goes for you too. You can’t be that perfect human for your significant other. So don’t try.  

That’s why you need your friends. That one girl or guy that takes your mind off things and allows you to forget about your problems.  Don't forget their importance and that they'll be there for you when no one else wants to be. I’d like to think I’m blessed for that reason. I really am. When feeling like everything around me is crumbling I know exactly who to go to, and she never fails to pick me up. Either it’s through a hug, some well intentioned advice, or just by listening to me, this friend is there for me whenever I turn to her, reminding me that life goes on. That a funny movie and a good bowl of chili can do miracles for your soul.

So hold your friends close to your heart, no matter what. They’ll only be there for you if you let them. And good friends are never easy to come by. That’s a well-known fact of life. Live by it.


Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment