Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Learn Today. Learn Tomorrow

Suppose that I’ve erred (something I do quite often) then realize my mistake. Suppose that I have the choice to cover up my défauts but choose to voice them out of some crazy concept of self-righteousness, another thing I do just as often. And then suppose that because those I voice my faults to are just human, my mistakes become ingrained in their minds, forever lurking in a subconsciously judgmental way.

Suppose those people never forget. Suppose they bring up your mistakes as a reminder of just how many times you’ve messed up. A reminder of how immature you are. How wrong you were. How human you are. And it never matters if you come clean. Your sense of remorse isn’t a factor in people’s perception of you. Your consciousness and internalized feelings can’t budge people’s faulty opinions. Because you are who you choose to show people you are. And if you choose to show people the good and the bad, chances are those bad qualities of yours will outweigh the good.

Now this isn’t about being a hypocrite. I’m not saying be a devil in disguise because you still gon be that devil even if people don’t know. But if you’re a good person overall, then keep that image. If you fall, get back up and don’t look back. Ain’t nobody paying attention. Because there ain’t nobody that don’t fall and ain’t nobody that don’t try to get up without drawing the world’s watchful eyes upon their stumbles.

It’s never too late to learn this lesson. If you mess up today you’ll mess up again later and I can assure you of that. Just learn from your mistakes. If you repeat them, then I guess you can learn again. You keep learning till you die and every day is a learning experience. Good times don’t make us stronger. It’s the shit we go through that teaches us lifelong lessons. And not voicing your mistakes is definitely an important lesson to learn. Take it from someone who’s been there. Plenty of times.

Peace and much love to ya  

No comments:

Post a Comment