Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 14, 2014

Confessions on the couch

I'm lost. Lost in a maze to which there is no end in sight. I hear voices around me. I see people. But I'm not listening. I'm not looking. The only real feelings I have are tied to a person who took off. And so I'm lost within my own mind, the days stretching out in front of me. Time is no longer linear. Time is a paper on which ink travels. Swirls. Random words pieced together. A plane through which I can travel but only in my mind. I can go back to the beginning. Steer my way to the present. Make my way up to the future. But never am I in reality even while traveling through present time. My mind wanders to memories I find comfort in and only my eyes realize that I'm no longer in the past because all I see is stone cold faces. People that'll never understand just how much he meant to me. And upon this realization, my eyes provide me with the most inconvenient reminder of my sense of misdirection. Tears. A dead giveaway. A clear signal that I'm nowhere near ok. But just as graffiti hides plain walls, my hands slowly make their way to my eyes to hide my tears. I'm not weak. I just fell in love with the wrong person.

No comments:

Post a Comment