Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Treasure

Look at me and tell me what you see 
Mirrors on walls that intricately describe my physical
These clothes that hug my curves and those arms that deliver my soul
All part of a person life tried to console 
A treasure within me 
Can you see my heart through my reflection?
A treasure within me that results in all pleasures this world can give me 
What do you see? 
I see a mouth that speaks iridescence 
Like rainbows on rainy days 
I am the conflict in your peace
I am the branch in your way
You will listen
My words will not be ignored
And torn from me like a child from her mother's embrace 
I am the woman who came to this world and got lost along the way 
I am the cloud that traveled and covered the sun's harmful rays
I am human
So tell me what you see in the mirror when only my reflection shows
Cold nights in December along with late March woes 
I am a product of the words I hear and images I see
I am a product of the emotions this world forced me to feel
These clothes that cover my skin can never hide the woman that I am
Such as that my curves show through these worldly materials 
My thoughts will radiate off my mental
And my eyes will open up my soul so that you see the woman within

I've been very inspired to write more lately whether it's poetry, regular blog posts or articles for my school. I hope that y'all enjoy my self expression, or at least appreciate that I have found a way to create a unique voice for myself.

Much peace and love to all y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment