Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Express Yourself

I've been told that being emotional is a sign of weakness, especially if you're showing those emotions on social media. If you tweet something emotional, or post something on Instagram that's not the "norm" you'll be looked at as strange or attention seeking. What some people fail to realize is that those emotional tweets or Instagram posts aren't for others to judge. People can like them and agree with you, but if you tweet so people can follow you, then that's a whole other issue. 

I use social media as a window to my thoughts. I'm not scared of putting my feelings out there. Not scared of expressing myself no matter how people will view me. So go ahead, assume and speculate, but I'll never stop being the only Nahla. Because there's never going to be another me. Nobody will experience life the way I do, so what I share with the world is just another perspective. It's not a sign of weakness. You don't have to agree, but you have to respect other people's freedom of expression. 

C'est tout.

Much peace and love to y'all 

No comments:

Post a Comment